Who We Are
The University of Michigan leads the SEISMIC organization and works with the other 9 institutions to improve student experiences in STEM introductory courses.
When joining the SEISMIC Collaboration, each SEISMIC Institution committed to
- Bringing together a local community of education researchers and practitioners motivated to explore and improve equity and inclusion in foundational STEM courses, led by an institutional PI and supported by an administrative patron.
- Hosting 6 or more SEISMIC-related speakers on their campus each year, as part of our Speaker Exchange Program.
- Getting research access to student data so their institution can participate in our parallel data analysis. Note, we do not share institutional data across SEISMIC, we share code to run parallel analyses and then share results across SEISMIC.
- Connecting their existing STEM reform efforts to the larger SEISMIC project. It is hoped that these connections will both support and enhance local reform projects.
- Paying the travel costs for four local team members to attend our annual collaboration meetings.
Join Our Team
If you are currently affiliated with UC Irvine– as a faculty and/or student member– please reach out to Brian Sato for more information regarding how to join.
Our Week Of SEISMIC
Details coming soon.
UM hosts many seminars, talks, and events in general related to the work of SEISMIC. These opportunities are often highlight in the monthly newsletters that are sent to SEISMIC members. The link below gives you a detailed list of all opportunities available to members and non-members.
SEISMIC Voices – UM
UM in the Spotlight