About The Institutions Page(s)
Welcome to our SEISMIC Institutions page! These pages are directed toward current SEISMIC participants, so they can stay updated on their institution’s SEISMIC activities. Coming soon, we will have institution-specific pages for each of our SEISMIC institutions. Our 10 SEISMIC Institutions are Arizona State University, Indiana University, Michigan State University, Purdue University, University of California Davis, University of California Irvine, University of California Santa Barbara, University of Michigan, University of Minnesota, and University of Pittsburgh.
Commitments of SEISMIC Institutions
- Bringing together a local community of education researchers and practitioners motivated to explore and improve equity and inclusion in foundational STEM courses, led by an institutional PI and supported by an administrative patron.
- Hosting 6 or more SEISMIC-related speakers on their campus each year, as part of our Speaker Exchange Program.
- Getting research access to student data so their institution can participate in our parallel data analysis. Note, we do not share institutional data across SEISMIC, we share code to run parallel analyses and then share results across SEISMIC.
- Connecting their existing STEM reform efforts to the larger SEISMIC project. It is hoped that these connections will both support and enhance local reform projects.
- Paying the travel costs for four local team members to attend our annual collaboration meetings.
Commitments to SEISMIC Institutions & Participants
SEISMIC commits to
- Pay conference costs for four local team members from each SEISMIC Institution to attend the annual collaboration meetings (i.e. hotel, food)
- Provide organizational support to Working Groups and Key Project teams and the collaboration overall to enable collaborative work.
- Maintain Working Groups and Key Projects documentation so SEISMIC participants can be well informed on the collaboration’s goals, progress, and needs.
- Send (at minimum) monthly newsletters to the collaboration
SEISMIC Speaker Exchange & Campus Events Timeline