2020 SEISMIC Summer Meeting Part 2
Live Virtual Session: Friday, July 10, 12-3 pm EDT.
Meeting Links will be emailed out on July 10 and listed in the calendar invite for registered participants.
To complete before July 10
Working Group Plenary Videos
- Structures – Linda Shepard: Slides with Audio (17 mins)*
*Download .pptx file and play slideshow with “Play Narrations” selected to hear audio.
SEISMIC Project Posters
- Please review the posters for updates on the SEISMIC projects and to learn about new projects being proposed this year.
We do not have any Constructs Working Group Posters since the Group is so new, but you can read about the proposed Constructs projects here.
LIVE VIRTUAL SESSION
Friday, July 10, 12-3 pm EDT
- 12:00 – 12:10 pm
- 12:10 – 12:45 pm
- Plenaries Q&A
- 12:45 – 1:45 pm
- Project Poster Presentations
- 2:00 – 3:00 pm
- Working Group Connections
- (SEISMIC MEMBERS ONLY)
To complete July 10 – July 31
- All SEISMIC Participants should use the form below to indicate the top three projects they want to work on for Year 2
Live Virtual Session Details
Virtual meeting links will be shared via email with registered participants. All times are in EDT.
If you have trouble connecting, please use the linked document for each session to follow along with the notes and participate as you are able.
If you have questions about using Zoom, please check out the Zoom help center. Some articles that may be especially helpful – raising your (virtual) hand and participating in webinars (like our Plenaries Q&A).
12:00 – 12:10 PM
Please sign in to the virtual meeting link emailed out and check your connection. Introduce yourself in the chat.
12:10 – 12:45 PM
Use the Q&A panel in the virtual meeting or the link below to ask questions of our plenary presenters.
Working Group 1 Presenter
Working Group 1 Presenter
Working Group 2 Presenter
Working Group 3 Presenter
Working Group 4 Presenter
12:45 – 1:45 PM
Project Poster Presentations
The purpose of this session is to share specific updates from our different SEISMIC projects. This is also an opportunity for SEISMIC Members to propose new projects for the collaboration. Virtual Meeting links are linked for each project below.
Measurement Working Group (WG 1)
- (Project 1) Exploring Demographic Effects in Introductory STEM Courses
- (Project 2) Mapping Paths of Students Who Fail Foundational STEM Classes
- (Project 3) Impact of Classroom Composition on Student Outcomes (Password: 293888)
- (Project 4) Examining the Impact of Advanced Placement Course Credit Policies on Student Performance in Science Gateway Courses
- (New) Identifying Components of Active Learning That Increase Equity and Inclusion in Introductory STEM Courses
- (New) Persistent Equity GAPS in Upper Division Science Courses
Experiments Working Group (WG 2)
- (Project 1) Tests Are Stupid: Anxiety Matters (Password: 27u70W)
- (Project 2) Understanding Office Hours Experiences in Large STEM Courses (Password: 869646)
- (Project 3) Does a Backchannel for In-Class Questions Increase Students’ Sense of Belonging?
- (Project 4) Access to Practice
- (Project 5) Belonging, Adversity, and Affirmation
- (New) CLUE: Contextual Linkaging for Undergraduate Education
Structures Working Group (WG 3)
- (Project 1) Building Awareness and Empathy for Introductory STEM Students
- (Project 2) State of the Union Discovery Snapshot (this project is undergoing revisions, so will not be presenting in this session)
- (Project 3) Developing Navigational Capital to Influence Organizational Change
- (Project 4) Tools That Influence Structures: ECoach, Know Your Students, & more
Constructs Working Group (WG 4)
Since this Working Group is newly established, they will be using this time to discuss their Working Group overall, SEISMIC’s Statement on White Supremacist Violence and Anti-Blackness in the United States, and other current topics related to the Constructs group.
1:45 – 2:00 PM
2:00 – 3:00 PM
Working Group Connections
SEISMIC MEMBERS ONLY
The purpose of this session is for SEISMIC Members to talk across Working Groups to identify connections and ways the Working Groups can better collaborate with each other.