2022 University of Minnesota Week of SEISMIC
September 26-30, 2022; Minneapolis, MN
Join us 9/27 – 9/29 for the UMN Week of SEISMIC!
If you are interested to join the UMN Week of SEISMIC and need travel support, you can request SEISMIC travel funds using the form below. The deadline to request SEISMIC travel funds is August 26, 2022. You will be notified by email around Sept. 9 if SEISMIC has funds available to support your travel. Please reach out to Nita Tarchinski (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
All posted times are in CT.
Tuesday, September 27th
1:00pm – 3:00pm
Presentations on STEM education, lightning introductions, and a chance to meet with presenters and attendees afterwards.
3:00pm – 5:00pm
Measurement Group Presentations
W. Carson Byrd
1. Becky Matz (Michigan): An introduction to the session
2. Meaghan Pearson (Michigan): Critical questions for quant STEM ed work
3. Sarah Castle (Michigan State): Systemic advantages and how they play out broadly
4. Ben Koester (Michigan) and Stefano Fiorini (Indiana): Pathways that students take through
curricula; student depth
5. Angel Sylvester (Minnesota): How classroom composition does/doesn’t impact
6. Kameryn Denaro (UC Irvine): Equity gaps among biology-intending students
7. Victoria Farrar (UC Davis): Equity gaps among biology students in upper-division courses
8. Carson Byrd (Michigan): Closing remarks and Q&A
6:00pm – 8:00pm
Modality: in-person; invite-only
Location: Aster Cafe, Minneapolis, MN
Wednesday, September 28th
1:00pm – 2:00pm
Introduction to SEISMIC & Networking
Location: Coffman Union room 324 and Zoom
6:00pm – 8:30pm
Thursday, September 29th