2021 Summer Meeting Overview
What You Need to Know
- The 2021 Summer Meeting is completely virtual.
- Takes place from Tuesday, June 15th to Thursday, June 17th, 12 to 4 pm EDT each day.
- You must register to participate—link below!
- Check out the Summer of SEISMIC page for more summer activities!
- Order your SEISMIC swag here by May 24!
- Schedule and session details are below. More details will be added as we get closer to the event.
The Theme: Reimagining Our Collective Impact
For this meeting, SEISMIC has several goals:
- Promote information sharing and collaboration across Working Groups.
- Bring community together around central questions for the collaboration.
- Provide opportunities for SEISMIC colleagues to connect formally and informally.
Synchronous Schedule (12 – 4 pm EDT each day)
We encourage current SEISMIC members and those affiliated with SEISMIC institutions to register for our Summer Meeting. Zoom link will be provided to those who register.
The sessions listed as “SEISMIC-only” below are for anyone affiliated with a SEISMIC institution. The sessions listed as “open to public” are for anyone interested.
Working Group Discussions
Each Working Group will present an interactive 90-minute whole group session at the Summer Meeting. These group sessions will be engaging and interactive, and they will also intentionally leverage expertise across the collaboration in order to promote each Working Group’s future work.
The majority of the time will focus on a central topic or issue for the Working Group. Breakout rooms may be used to encourage small group discussion; these sessions will prompt attendees to think about how they can engage with the given topic or issue in their own work.
Our 2 theme leaders will facilitate a 90-minute session on collaboration-wide activities.
In this meeting we will incorporate student panels to elevate student voices and experiences. This is a great opportunity for our collaboration members to learn from students. Below are our five student panelists!
These 30-minute blocks of time are for collaboration members connect formally and informally around various topics of interest. More information will be shared closer to the event.